Monday, June 02, 2008

Rodders the Protector


I am a gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individual. Artistic and creative, I live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has a Protector Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.

I place great importance on having things orderly and systematic in my outer world. I put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in my life. On the other hand, I operate within myself on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. I know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. I am usually right, and I know it. Consequently, I put a tremendous amount of faith into my instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the me not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Such as a consistently messy desk.

I have an uncanny insight into people and situations. I get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. I have had experiences that can only be described as psychic in nature. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the I don't really understand my intuition at a level which can be verbalised. Consequently, I am protective of my inner self, sharing only what I choose to share when I choose to share it. I'm a deep, complex individual, who is quite private and typically difficult to understand. I hold back part of myself, and can be secretive.

But I'm as genuinely warm as I am complex. I hold a special place in the heart of people who I'm are close to, who are able to see my special gifts and depth of caring. I am concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. I am very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict tend to 'snap' me into a state of agitation or charged anger (I have been known to go mental) from my normally peaceful state.

Because the I have such strong intuitive capabilities, I trust my own instincts above all else. This may result in my stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. I believe that I'm right. On the other hand, I am a perfectionist who constantly doubts that I am living up to my full potential. I am rarely at complete peace with myself - there's always something else I can be doing to improve myself and the world around me. I believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in my accomplishments. I have a strong value systems, and need to live my life in accordance with what I feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of my personality, I am in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, I have very high expectations of myself, and of my family. I don't believe in compromising my ideals.

I am a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. I make a loving parent and have strong bonds with my children. I have high expectations of them, and will guide them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in me being hard-nosed and stubborn. But the kids get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring.

I have a natural affinity for art, and also excel in the sciences, where I make use of my intuition. I am not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks.

I am an individual who is gifted in ways that other types are not. Life is not necessarily easy for the protector, but we are capable of great depth of feeling and personal achievement.

No comments: